Home

LINQPad 6 - Error CS0012 "You must add a reference to assembly netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0"

I am occasionally getting errors in LINQPad v6 of the following form:

CS0012 The type 'X' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced.
You must add a reference to assembly 'netstandard, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=cc7b13ffcd2ddd51'.

(Where type X is different depending on the particular query - sometimes 'Object', sometimes 'Action<>', etc.)

The error occurs in both v6.5.5 as well as the beta v6.6.3.
The error occurs in both x86 and x64 builds.
The error does NOT occur in LINQPad 5.

I have the following dotnet SDKs installed:

2.2.402 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk]
3.0.102 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk]
3.1.100 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\sdk]

I have the following dotnet runtimes installed:

Microsoft.AspNetCore.All 2.1.14 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.All]
Microsoft.AspNetCore.All 2.2.7 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.All]
Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 2.1.14 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 2.2.7 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 3.0.2 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 3.1.0 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.AspNetCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 2.1.14 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 2.2.7 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 3.0.2 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Microsoft.NETCore.App 3.1.0 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.NETCore.App]
Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App 3.0.2 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App]
Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App 3.1.0 [C:\Program Files\dotnet\shared\Microsoft.WindowsDesktop.App]

Is this a known issue, and is there anything I can do to work around it?

Cheers

Comments