Home
Options

lprun7 "Unable to read beyond the end of the stream"

LINQPad Version: 7.4.9 and Beta 7.5.5

On doing either of

• 'lprun7 script.linq'
  • Util.Run('script.linq', QueryResultFormat.Text)

Result: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.

Stacktrace (from Util.Run example)

System.IO.EndOfStreamException: Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
at System.IO.BinaryReader.Read7BitEncodedInt()
at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadString()
at LINQPad.ExecutionModel.CachedQueryCompiler.CacheEntry..ctor(QueryCore query, DataContextInfo dcInfo, Boolean checkDCInfo)
at LINQPad.ExecutionModel.CachedQueryCompiler.IsInCache(QueryCore query, ReferenceSet& refSet)
at LINQPad.ObjectModel.QueryCompilation.CheckNuGetRefs(QueryCore query, Boolean nuNuGet)
at LINQPad.SystemExtensions.ThrowWithOriginalStackTrace(Exception ex)
at LINQPad.TaskExtensions.WaitEx(Task t, Nullable`1 timeout)
at LINQPad.Util.Run(String queryFilePath, QueryResultFormat format, Boolean freshenNuGetPackages, Object[] args)
at LINQPad.Util.Run(String queryFilePath, QueryResultFormat format, Boolean freshenNuGetPackages, String[] args)
at LINQPad.Util.Run(String queryFilePath, QueryResultFormat format, String[] args)
at UserQuery.run_scheduled_item(Scheduled_item scheduled_item, Boolean suppress_warning) in %\AppData\Local\Temp\1\LINQPad7_mmxzhtvl\vpzjqp\LINQPadQuery:line 322

I've noticed that renaming the file is the only thing I could find that fixes this.

i.e. script.linq -> script_.linq then no error

Problem seems to be consistent once it happens but not directly related to any particular script.

As in, have seen examples where a script was run many times a day without problem and after a few days get this error until rename the file.

No obvious pattern in terms of the files affected.

Suspecting something like a corrupted temp file or cache.

Hopefully that's actionable and let me know if more info needed or something I could check or try.

LINQPad GUI functionality (excepting Util.Run) seems otherwise good for said files.

Comments