Home

Azure SQL - AAD Default authentication type

Would it be possible to add one more authentication type to LINQPad, which is Default.

Comments

• It looks like this might require moving from System.Data.SqlClient to Microsoft.Data.SqlClient. This switch isn't planned until LINQPad 8 (due to it being a disruptive change). How important is this feature?

• It would not be so urgent, unless Universal with MFA works fine. Currently, I can't log in to Azure SQL. I thought Default might work.

In SSMS I could use both, either Default or Universal with MFA, and both work fine. In LINQPad for Universal with MFA I'm receiving error.

• edited November 2023

@JoeAlbahari said:
    It looks like this might require moving from System.Data.SqlClient to Microsoft.Data.SqlClient. This switch isn't planned until LINQPad 8 (due to it being a disruptive change).

Now that we're on LinqPad8, is this available yet? I have an EF6 DataContext using ErikEJ.EntitiyFramework.SqlServer, and it keeps saying "ArgumentException: The ADO.NET provider with invariant name 'Microsoft.Data.SqlClient' is either not registered in the machine or application config file, or could not be loaded. See the inner exception for details."

Thanks!